Currency Exchange Service for Visitors to Japan “PayForex Cash”
- Service allows tourists visiting Japan to exchange and withdraw Japanese yen via an electronic wallet from their own country
- Allows cash withdrawals at any time, at locations such as the nearest convenience store
- Leftover yen can be returned to users’ electronic wallets from locations such as convenience stores.
Links with foreign electronic wallets, allowing Japanese yen withdrawals at locations such as convenience stores
With an increasingly diverse range of electronic payment methods such as smartphone apps available, cashless payments are spreading throughout the world.
However, in Japan, there are still many stores that only support cash payments, meaning that people visiting Japan from other countries need to have some cash on hand while enjoying their trip.
With PayForex Cash, users can exchange currency anytime using the smartphone and withdraw cash at locations such as the nearest convenience store. PayForex Cash works together with foreign electronic wallet providers to allow tourists visiting Japan to easily withdraw cash at any time.
Three steps: Electronic wallet → Convenience store terminal (or other access point) → Cash register
Withdrawing and depositing cash are simple. In three steps, the transaction is complete.
- With an electronic wallet app on their smartphone, the user request an exchange for Japanese yen and a cash withdrawal. The user receives a withdrawal code number (such as a QR code).
- Input the withdrawal code number at an access point such as a convenience store multimedia terminal. The user then issue a voucher.
- The user takes the voucher to the cash register to receive the amount of cash they have ordered.
- With an electronic wallet app on their smartphone, the user requests to make a deposit in Japanese yen. The user receives a deposit code number (such as a QR code).
- Input the deposit code number at an access point such as a convenience store multimedia terminal. The user then issue a voucher.
- When the user takes the voucher to the cash register for deposits, the funds are automatically converted into the original currency, and it will be deposited to the user’s electronic wallet.